Family Law Attorney & Divorce Lawyer Lindsey J. Wilson in Flower Mound Texas
Do you have legal decisions to make regarding your family?
Families form the cornerstone of society. In general, people’s lives revolve around their family. For this reason alone, legal decisions regarding family should receive the time and attention they deserve. Family law is the area of law that deals with all aspects of the family, including divorce, custody, child support, paternity, adoption and modification and enforcement of prior orders.
There is a legal framework of rules and channels that can help assist you in resolving conflicts related to family law disputes. The legal framework can also help you put future plans in place as you develop your plan for your “new normal.”
Matters that Family Law Can Help You Resolve
By obtaining a competent and caring attorney, you put an advocate on your side to help protect your rights. Equally important, your attorney will explain your legal choices and assist you in making informed decisions. A lawyer also can save you time and expense by helping you settle out of court. By resolving challenging issues, you might also gain peace of mind.
We assist clients with the following types of family law matters:
A Family Law Attorney Can Address Your Questions and Concerns
You may have lots of questions regarding family law disputes. Some common questions we can answer include:
- How do courts decide who gets custody of the children?
- If my spouse has been violent with me or our children, what legal rights do I have?
- What if my spouse has hidden assets? How would this affect property division?
- What happens when a parent does not pay child support even though the court ordered it?
- What visitation rights do grandparents have after a couple has divorced?
- If a parent wants to move out of state, how could this affect child custody?
- Is divorce different for spouses who have been married a long time and are over 50?
- Can my posts on social media affect the outcome of my divorce?
- Is it better to have a closed or open adoption?
- Does family law work differently for LGBTQ marriages?
- If I’m considering remarrying, what pre-arrangements can I make for my children from a previous marriage?
What Our Clients Are Saying
Understanding and Empathy
Lindsey was great to work with and was always willing to answer my questions/address my concerns throughout the litigation process. If you want an attorney who will listen to you with understanding and empathy, while fighting for you, Lindsey is the attorney for you. ~ Alison Hunsicker
Get in Touch
Law Office of Lindsey J. Wilson
4305 Windsor Centre Trl, Ste 500
Flower Mound, Tx 75028